Volunteer

Today I take as volunteer in packing of relief goods at one of the DSWD  drop off center. Together with my two college friend, Eman and Cliford. Although, I was already feed by news regarding how much all people willing to help, still, it was over whelming to see those good hearts visible in actual actions.
This is my first time to be a volunteer, I really enjoy counting the sacks of goods being loaded by volunteer individuals and police officers at the container van and be ready to ship and distributed to most affected areas  of typhoon Yolanda. In spite of being under the sun, everyone is having fun, like everybody knows each.
We also help in repacking of goods, where most girls and kids are assigned. True enough, to do a task two is better than one, how much more if 10 times. It was really great feeling inside that I as able to reach out, extend my hand to the victims of typhoon. I really wish and pray that somehow through that they will feel little comfort on what they are going through and give them strength not to give up and keep their faith that they can surpass all this.
They day is a bit tiring. Body pain my last for two or more, but the feeling of being fulfilled is worth more than enough. This is the first, but not the last.
Thank you Eman and Cliford. I know you both also had a great day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
GeeLai.Com Blog Design by Ipietoon